Its Been a Long Time!!

Its Been a Long Time!!

Sunday, December 20, 2009

The REAL Story behind the blog

Well....I guess now that I'm home I can express openly our experiences with the communist government in China. We felt very safe the whole time and saw just a few episodes that reminded us we weren't in the good ole' USA anymore...the biggest issue by far was the censorship of the internet. I just didn't do enough homework before we left.....apparently nearly all social networking sites are banned in China (no Facebook, no YouTube, no BlogSpot) Just one way the government can control exactly what information is disseminated. So, that's why we weren't able to post updates nearly as often as we'd hoped. Special thanks to my brother who was able to help us access a US connection to get full access to the internet for the few days we were there with him.