Its Been a Long Time!!

Its Been a Long Time!!

Friday, November 20, 2009

Waiting....Waiting....Waiting

We have had so many friends ask if we have heard any news on travel dates for Jack. Unfortunately, we are still....waiting. It is something I have NEVER been good at. Relinquishing control of my schedule and my timetable has been extremely difficult. Paul has been my rock through this time, but even now he is finding it difficult to watch the days go by without any updates. Today is the 8 week mark from when our final set of paperwork went to Beijing. We had been told travel approvals were routinely issued between 7 and 9 weeks...so of course, we had hoped to hear already. I recently reconnected with a friend from high school who is adopting a beautiful 2 year old girl from Shaanxi province in China with our agency. They waited 11 weeks for travel approval, so Paul and I are slowly acknowledging that we will need to, once again, adjust our timeline for travel. Thanks to all for your words of encouragement and your prayers. We covet them daily.